Sunday, January 23, 2011

Rockstars...?










So, 8 months pregnant, I was given the opportunity to hang out with one of my favorite bands. While the bass drum banged, Clara danced more and more. I went to the Norva to see Less Than Jake and the Supervillains. I've seen Less Than Jake a bunch of times, but this time was different... My friend Katie drove up from Charleston and she knows the lead singer so he got us on the list and got me a photo pass to shoot some photos of the band from right in front. I must say, being up that close wasn't exactly my favorite way to shoot a band. It kinda takes all the fun out of it honestly... So, I made my way to a few people back from the stage, guarded my belly as best I could and tried desperately to not get pushed over with both my babies in my hands (Clara and Olive Oil) So... on went the night which ended with us hanging out on the tour bus with a band that has been together and touring for over 15 years...wow... what a great night.

I must say, after hanging out with these guys I have to tell you... they are rockstars, but gentlemen. They will sit around and pass around witty banter and are completely okay with it. I mean, having an 8 month old pregnant married chick on a tour bus isn't exactly an idea of a typical tour bus.. but I had a great time hanging out with them and enjoyed their company..

EXPLANATION OF PHOTOS:
Less Than Jake are aways welcoming people up on stage... guys who think they have hot moms, kids, people that stand out in the crowd,... it's fun and adds some change to what is probably a pretty monotonous job.. so, this show they pulled these two little brothers up on stage... the kids were afraid to stage dive so they decided to have a chicken fight... it was pretty hilarious.. by the end of the song they both jumped off the stage and everyone caught them and they will probably never forget those couple minutes of their lives.
Yes, those are scissors....and yes, that is his hair being cut on stage. Not that anyone in the band has any sort of great hairstyle.. (jk guys) but, Chris, lead singer with blonde mohawk0style hair, pulled a kid up on stage and offered to pay him a few bucks that he got from the audience and others to chop off his hair... this event probably made his mother proud when he returned home and cut his hair off, but either way... they proceeded to cut off his hair... then Chris decided it would make a great mustache... so, there ya have it.. another great fun-filled adventure with Less Than Jake... Yes, confetti and a snow machine were included as well.
When we asked about the fog/snow... Buddy's response was.."It's snow, for the winter tour" Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment