Friday, January 14, 2011

Knitting...




So, I haven't been blogging on time lately because I have been knitting every night. When I'm determined to learn something... it's a good and a bad thing, but it really goes crazy.. I HAVE to learn it.. I become slightly obsessed. I've done it with lots of things, like photography, oil painting, ceramics, most of the time it has gone along with school and the classes I was in, I would completely immerse myself into a class. I love learning new things. So, a while back my stepbrother's fiance taught me the basics of how to knit. The two main stiches that will get you through... so, I picked the biggest project EVER and what felt like FOREVER to finish, it was this scarf and it is huge... seriously, it could probably be a jacket for a smaller person. :) But, I finished it.. and I'm so glad, because then I could move onto what I really wanted to learn, which was hat-making. So... I began on my journey of making a baby hat.. Well, they say the hardest part is getting a hat to fit the person you're intending to make it for. This was totally true becasue when I made what I thought would be perfect for a small baby, it turns out it's probably best for a toddler... so, I sent it to Amelia.. it's a bit big for her now, but maybe next year she'll get some use out of it. I didn't even think about taking photos of the projects I have done, until I knitted the next project... which was a newborn hat for my friend Mike's little baby boy! :) So, it turned out great! hope he takes a picture and sends it too! Here's Amelia and Miles' hats :)

I have also knitted Kris a hat and I'm working on another one for Clara's going home outfit...

Next up? I have to figured out how to make booties... Kris wants me to make the baby some booties. :) Well, we'll see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment