Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Years Day Dinner.. a tradition.




So, it was our second annual New Years Dinner, and I cooked the usual..

Collard Greens to represent money/cash in the new year

Black eyed peas, once used as a staple in the south, but now symbolize coins and wealth... mixed with tomatoes to represent healthy hearts... health and wealth..

Ham... Pigs are the only animals who scratch forward, symbolizing progress,

Cornbread to symbolize the gold/riches in the upcoming year.

I also read that the symbolism of repetitive round objects, such as the pineapple and the round bundt cake are good ways of showing the continuous luck, such as that of a wedding band symbolizes everlasting love. SO... a new tradition of baking a bundt cake begins... (although I think Kris will have me make another one as soon as he can talk me into it!)

So, in search of a recipe for the "most moist chocolate cake" I came across a recipe for a Guinnes Stout Chocolate Cake. I paired this recipe with a chocolate coffee ganache... and there you have it... the most beautiful thing to touch your lips in the new year... I mean, really? Who needs a new years kiss if you can have this creation?!?!

Kris and I were actually able to be together for New Years, which was nice, we watched the ball drop and watching the NKOTB and Backstreet Boys and it really ages you to see those guys! wow... getting old, i guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment