Sunday, January 16, 2011

pictures jog memories











..So, I bought a photo frame collage that is a jewelry box, and for the last week or so I have had pictures of smiling strangers in it... yes, me... a photographer. I have some serious issues with putting pictures in frames. I'm not quite sure if I'm afraid of the comittment or if I just don't really like looking at the same photo over and over because I constantly find flaws in it... especially if it involves a picture of me! So, I finally sat today and uploaded all the photos from my phone and I had scanned in some pictures of Kris as a baby. If you need to print, Walgreens has a special right now the code is : FROSTY50 and you get 50% off your purchase of prints.. so I decided that no matter the quality, because they're form my phone anyway, I was going to print off a bunch of the photos that I take. Kris and I usually go through them every 6 months or so and laugh hysterically at the things we take photos of, mainly they are Luna being an idiot or random things that we will see when we are out somewhere and send to each other. I really think that photos keep your life and love alive... they spark those tiny little gaps in your memory that at one point in tome you may not have remembered... but you look at the photo and say... "Look, remember that night we went to dinner and had the greatest tomato caprese salad ever..." or... "look at that crazy dog of ours" or even.. "This photo was actually taken in the car while we were waiting very impatiently for traffic to let up."

So, I suppose my instinct is there to take the photos... and then you have to have the memory (which kris does) to look at them and know exactly how you felt at that moment.

Well, here's a few that really made me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment