Monday, January 31, 2011

ducks...






Debbie and I went down to feed the ducks in the pond/drainage runoff down the street from her house. In watching them I had a realization....these runoff things they put in developments always end up being a place for the nature to try to come back. I'm sure those living next to this runoff area put up privacy fences because they don't want to look at these "areas" but... in this nature comes a certain sense of beauty. I remember as a kid jumping the fences and trying to fish and catching "hoptoads" in a bucket with a flashlight... whoever found the biggest one was the winner for the night, and then we would let them all free. Sometimes it seemed like that was the greatest entertainment you'd ever need... and I mean really, who needs tv when you have Hoptoads?''

the quality of the video has to be small to fit on here.. sorry... guess it's time to get a youtube page!

No comments:

Post a Comment