Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Second week... feeling awesome.



So, my specialization class which was once very scary to me, is beginning to turn around a bit. I've decided what to do, now finding the models to pose for me, is the difficult part. I want to find as many people as I can to build a portfolio of all of these coherent shots. I want them all to be about the faces, not so much about the clothes, the lighting, etc. I want it to focus on face, contrast, negative space, and the identity of the person. So, if you're reading this, and know anyone in the DC metro area, send them my way!

J.O.B. wow... I took about 750 photos for an event in dc and it was very interesting, I think that I documented just about all there was to document in an 11 hour setting that was pretty much lectures and groups of people talking. It was a very long two days, because I didn't really know what t expect out of the day. I think next event I shoot like this I will ask for a schedule, so I at least have an idea of what I will be doing.

Richmond. Went and met Kris halfway, and quite honestly I didn't want to even take my camera out of the bag. I wanted to spend the day with just us, being comfortable and relaxing, so that's exactly what we did...

Web Design... going well, so far.... still holding my breath hahah..

Business of Photo class. Very interesting so far. Hopefully I get to learn a lot from my professor, he seems very knowledgeable and has been around the block a few times.

Photos... umm... Inspiration from Alex Majoli, who is actually known for photojournalism, but these portraits were too awesome to pass up. This is what I am looking to do once I get into the studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment