Saturday, January 30, 2010

Saturday, what a day







wake up, dog cries, "I'm coming, baby girl. . ." we walk down the rickety hardwood floors, i slip on some canvas flat shoes, still so fashionably clad in my cotton pajama pants and tank. "Sit Luna" click the leash around the collar loop, open the back door slowly, it's bright, i just woke...... "WHOOAAA" as I open my eyes, there is about 5 inches of snow on the ground.

I checked the weather Friday afternoon, it said that there would only be approx. an inch of snow cover... boy, were they wrong! SO, had an appointment to shoot in the studio, talked to her and said it was okay. I put on my boots, walk out to the street, wait about thirty minutes before i realize the bus isn't coming. But, Joel and Elizabeth were right around the corner, and they picked me up to take me to Rosslyn, where I would go in, set up the studio for the shots, heard from model again, said she's on the way, twenty minutes later, model calls again...... and cancels.... wow... yuck.

Text Elizabeth and she's going to brunch in the Eastern Market area of DC... wow... sweet timing I had, rode the orange line to the other side of town, got there and ate, walked around the market, got a quick overview tour of the ghetto, and her place, and where Ft McNair is, then headed back to the house.

Thank goodness for good friends, otherwise I could have been pretty bummed about the situation at hand, but Joel's from Michigan so used to snow-driving, and we had a great time hanging out. Looking forward to it, they're moving here soon!

These townhouses were built in the 70s and I think they're great! I'd like to shoot more photos once spring hits. the plant were inside of Elizabeth's aunt's window, inside a building that was the craziest 60's shaped place ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment