Thursday, September 10, 2009

wow.. fast week






at times it seems the days just blend together into one giant 24 hour period. So, I'm working more on my story and Katie McCord. . . yesterday I spent the entire day and it was insane when you spend a day actually caring for Mother Nature. I cooked and ate an organic meal, took recycling to the respective places, even down to cleaning with organic soap, carpooling, it's insane what little precautions can really do. After a conversation with a classmate today I really feel like there are people in my school that really take the easy route out of assignments. I feel like mine is difficult but VERY educational. I've learned so much from this amazing woman, whether it be about caring for horses, the earth, chickens, cows, dogs, just caring in general. Sometimes when you live your life for yourself you never realize all the things you're missing around you until you're forced to notice things because you have a camera in your hand. And although everyone else may view my photos and feel like they can skim though them in 2 minutes and get the story, they're really missing out.... it's a very in-depth story in itself. Caring for animals is a thousand times harder than caring for people, because you can't tell what an animal is really feeling. It's like trying to help someone when they speak another language, you just can't. So, I'll share a few photos from the shoot at Iron Horse Farms.. it was a very educational and crazy day full of running errands, and doing what seems everyday to one person and is an entire new world to others.

Always walk through life as if you have something new to learn and you will. ~Vernon Howard

No comments:

Post a Comment