Wednesday, September 2, 2009

work day wednesday... sad day


no school today, was meant for working. Well, I did and didn't at the same time. I am writing/photographing a story on a wonderful woman named Katie McCord. She is the manager at Iron Horse Farms and amazing. The farm is home to horses, chickens, goats, and over 20 rescue dogs. She is a vegetarian and supports organic farming and we refer to her as a "green" person. Today we went to a market, nursery, feed store, and a friend's house, to fill in the pages of her story that we missed last week while she was in Oregon. Trust me, I would have liked to follow in that page too :) All of this riding around we did in a 1985 BMW wagon... pretty awesome. So, here's a photo of a very sad page in the story. Along with owning pets, comes different dilemmas with health issues. Our friend Kim's little pom, Lee Loo was having a pretty rough day, so Katie wanted to go over and check on her, and see if there was anything she could lend or recommend to Kim. Sad little thing, I know. Everyone's been in the awkward moment of "what do we do now?" Katie and I spoke for a while about pets we'd owned in the past, and dealing with the sickness of animals. I think it's worse than people sickness, I mean, they can talk and tell you what's wrong. So, tomorrow is the vet visit. I hope Lee Loo is just a little dehydrated. fingers crossed.

Tomorrow I'm shooting car photos for the first time. We'll see how that goes. then finishing up the cookbook layouts... and then finishing up my photojournalism finals... phew.... almost there... hold on for the crazy ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment