Wednesday, March 21, 2012

changes


I went to the doctors today and other than being overweight (who isn't) and tired (really... is anyone not-tired?) I didn't have any complaints.(brought to mind... Ani DiFranco song lyrics "everybody hates their job, no one gets enough sleep) As he asked me three more times if I needed a prescription filled of any kind.. I just said "no" and went about my merry little way feeling good about not taking daily drugs to help me survive. I talked with him a long time about change... really thats how you lose weight... in fact... change is how you do everything in life... when someone says they are afraid of change, they really just must be afraid of living.

the variables of life are constantly changing, from seasons and weather straight down to changing out the roll of toilet paper before it gets too late and then you're stuck sitting there to drip dry.. well, we've all been there.

I MUST change.... everyday, Clara changes, she's getting older, smarter (sometimes too smart) and faster as every day passes... before long she will be forming sentences, running away and wanting her drivers license... change. everyday i must sit back and say today, i will accomplish something great. well, teaching my child is my accomplishment right now, but i need to change that. she will continue to learn, but with her, i must learn. i must sit at night and remind myself how to sign different words and look up different ways to entertain toddlers or teach them this and that and whatever... i'm slightly obsessed with google and reading before i go to bed about what "some expert" loves or hates or thinks... and i form my own opinions but... let's get down to the real science... the big question... the ultimate answer... change..

if i am going to be healthier, happier, smarter, faster.....something needs to change. I NEED TO CHANGE.
well, here it goes....
change is the only way you can survive. your life is changing with or without you....

PS... look at those beautiful lashes her Daddy gave her!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment