Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Our Flowers and Clara's books.





When Kris and I found out we were having a baby, like most couples, we had a conversation of values, things we both thought that every child needed. Well, one of the things we both said was books. Childrens books are such an important part of a child's life. They need imagination, fiction and even just help learning to read. So, for the last few months of my pregnancy and everyday since she was born, Clara has had a book read to her. Before Kris left for deployment he recorded himself reading books and I play them for Clara as well. Today we received our first video from Daddy!!! It is through a program called United Through Reading where they allow the sailors a half hour to read a book on a video and then send the dvd out to their homes. It was so great to see him, and there were times when it felt like he was staring me right in the eyes. I can't wait for Clara to get to watch it when she is older! Kris recorded it on Clara's due date, even though she came 6 days later! :)

Kris also sent us flowers on Sunday. They were marked with a note "Pretty flowers for my Pretty Girls" Well, you're the best and Clara Luna and I enjoy looking at them and being reminded that somewhere ont he other side of the world is a sailor missing us as much as we miss him!

No comments:

Post a Comment