Friday, May 14, 2010

Police Week/Candlelight Vigil

























So, I went to a piece of the Law Enforcement week, and chose to shoot some photos of the candlelight vigil. Basically the Memorial is to honor fallen officers. On the walls of the memorial there are over 19,000 names. There were many things going on, it was just difficult to shoot without flash, and I felt like shooting a flash at people in this time wasn't exactly very pleasing. I wanted to shoot intimate, close, and try to get the feel of the people. Hope you enjoy seeing a glimpse into the vigil. It was fun to be there alone, shooting photos of people who were bound together by a loss. The poliec family is a similar bond to Navy, so I kind of felt at home with all of them. Also, I've never seen so many people in uniforms from all of the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment