Wednesday, May 26, 2010

DC trip with Katie.





So, Katie and I have been friends for almost two years now. She worked with me in South Carolina. She's super sweet and we have similar music interests, so we get along pretty well. She was in richmond for a band show, and came to visit. For her first real visit to DC, we went everywhere... it was awesome. But, instead of boring you with photos from everywhere, I decided to photograph a few things that most people don't pay attention to in the city, nor photograph. I haven't seen the Lincoln memorial in years, so that was neat to see. Then, a little ways off the road coming into DC there is this pavilion type structure. It is actually a DC memorial to those in WW1... pretty neat to see and actually go up to. It's a shame that the memorial hardly gets seen because too many people are too worried about all of the huge ones, but Katie and I gave it some much needed appreciation.

ps... i didn't cut off Katie's feet when I shot, but I knew if I posted the pic of her tennis shoes, she might disown me. :) We both went for comfortable garb that day, and good thing we did, because we probably walked about 4-5 miles..

No comments:

Post a Comment