Sunday, February 21, 2010

Chinese New Year











Year of the Tiger-"Drama, intensity, change and travel will be the keywords for 2010. Unfortunately, world conflicts and disasters tend to feature during Tiger years also, so it won’t be a dull 12 months for anyone. The Year of the Tiger will bring far reaching changes for everyone. New inventions and incredible technological advances have a good chance of occurring. For all of the Chinese horoscope signs, this year is one to be active – seizing opportunities and making the most of our personal and very individual talents. Everything happens quickly and dramatically in a Tiger year – blink and you could miss an important chance of a lifetime!" taken from wayangtimes.com

This pretty much sums up the next year as it is planned for me.. Seriously I feel like if I blink right now I will miss a lot. Planning internships, booking shoots, setting up different websites, portfolios, etc. It's already been an interesting start to 2010, so hopefully the Tiger will bring even more excitement. So, time for photos. :)

At the parade, which was not as big of an event as I thought, there were so many things that I watched for. But, mainly, I enjoyed watching the kids reactions to what was happening. I always enjoy childrens responses to things. The boy blowing his little horn at the Police officers was by far my favorite one. And the little Chinese girl waving the American flag, she was a hoot! Every time I lifted my camera she would tell me to take her picture, but I refused, until finally I caught her getting really excited :) So, all in all, I have realized that I enjoyed the crowd more than the actual parade itself. It was uugly and overcast, but all in all an okay day. Like I said, the parade was more people not dressed up than there were dressed. Some of which were just walking, I dunno if they were represented or not. :) We didn't stay for the firecracker, instead we went to the Navy Memorial Museum, which was another total blow out, I need to go check out the one on the base instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment