Saturday, June 5, 2010

17 days


(WARNING: Not a very good photo can say just ask much about a day as a great photo can sometimes say nothing.)

... which is 2 weeks and 3 days.... until Kris and I have made it the first year through marriage. Found an article.... it's called the eight things you were never told about marriage...here's my thoughts.

1. You will look at the person lying next to you and wonder "Is this it? forever?" So, yeah ,I mean, I have said that, but it's not in a negative way. Sometimes I find it so hard to believe that it's true, and how lucky we really are.

2.You'll work harder than you ever imagined.-Well, this is true, but only because we're apart... oh yes, and getting my name changed was a week of my life i'll never get back hahah.

3.You will go to bed mad (and maybe even wake up madder)-No, this never happens, and never will. If we're even the slightest bit fussy with one anothe, we will still get in bed happy and wake up smiling.

4. You will go without sex-sometimes for a long time-and that's okay.- Well, this one kinda goes without saying... :) He lives on a ship!

5. Getting your way is usually not as important as finding a way to work together.- Yep, that's us in a nutshell. I don't fight with him the way I have with anyone else.... because I care, love, and listen to him.

6. A great marriage doesnt mean no conflict, but instead couples trying to get it right.- This is accurate. I feel like we really don't fight or conflict about anything either.

7. You'll realize you can only change yourself.- I realized that a long time ago, before Kris, for sure.

8. As you face your fears and insecurities, you'll start to see what you're truly made of.-He is my security. Amazingly awesome in everyway.

We've almost made it to a year. Thanks for everything baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment