Saturday, July 21, 2012

beauty in acontrapposto stance

A figure of beauty :) Yeah, most people wouldn't understand what was meant when I stated that Clara was standing in a contrapposto (counterpose) stance. I guess for a little while there I was a bit of an Art History nerd. Yeah, me, a nerd... hard to imagine, right? Considering I graduated Magna Cum Laude... yeah, yeah. Anyway, so I notice this stance a lot. In fact, it's pretty much the way I stand constantly. But, it used to be seen as a beautiful stance, such as that of the ROmans and Greeks in their sculpture. Normally Children don't stand this way, but she probably learned it from me. I stand this way a lot out of favoring my left leg because of my bad foot... so much for image of beauty I guess I would be limping along if I didn't stand "beautifully" :) anyway... here's a bit of Art History for you, David, Leda and the Swan and Venus de Milo... all in the contrapposto stance... oh yes, and my beautiful girl rocking her mermaid tie dye shirt that we made for her along with lots and lots ofother tie dye treasures. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment