Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Avett Brothers-Portsmouth, VA

Anyone who knows me well knows I love music. What do I love more? LIVE music.... and even more than that? A band that can put on a GREAT live show. Well, The Avett Brothers do it every time! Although I have definitely seen them perform better, the lighting at this show was phenomenal. I took so many photos, it was really hard for me to pick out some for the blog (sorry there's soo many...I said they were my favorite, didn't i??) Their music inspires me and I suppose their shows do too... I looked back through these photos and was just amazed. And, actually, one of their photos made it my final portfolio show for my Undergrad show as well.. So, I guess their shows are always great for me! Stand up bass, cello, banjo, guitar, kickdrum, amazing melodies and lyrics that will take your breath away?? well, COUNT ME IN! some of my favorite lyrics come from their songs...and some of my favorite memories come from singing these songs with my best friends. A conversation I had with Kris a while back was... "i've noticed that the only friends I have that have stuck around listen to the avett brothers..." so, reverse thinking... you can't be my friend if you don't. I guess it's a silly thing to say, but, nothing makes me more made than a closed-minded person... be accepting, don't say "i hate country music" give it a chance... don't say "i don't date guys like that" or "i don't like those kinds of cars" because one day.... you might. I used to dislike a lot of things but we were always taught growing up to say "I don't care for that so much" as a nice way of saying no, thanks, don't like it hahahah it's the little things you remember the most. well, time to head to bed. cable guys coming tomorrow "between 8-12" ugh... whatever happened to appointment-making?

1 comment: