Saturday, April 3, 2010

Interning.... day one.


















So, I have an internship with Magin who owns Arlington Photography. The internship is doing portraits and wedding photography in the area. She's been around since 2006, and signed up for a thing called Groupon.com which sends coupons once a day for different things... services, restaurants, gyms, etc. And from that she received 466 responses, so I helped her with 13 photo/portrait sessions today. Here's a few of my favorite shots. She was obviously the main photographer, and I stood back with a zoom lens, capturing those off moments, candids and smiles that weren't too forced :) I prefer shooting in this way anyhow, it was so much fun. I can't wait to do more soon!

A little info... The Kim family with the two boys in blue stripe shirts were possibly our hardest clients of the day... their boys were 2... and twins.. I mean, it's totally expected. And then the girl on the bench wouldn't even look at the camera most of the day, and I got her smiling and looking at me. And, everyone has always told me I have a way with kids... I love them, and am genuinely interested in them, so I suppose that's why... they gravitate to me. And Kris is the same way. I think they just sense that I'm not embarrassed to act like a two year old. Well, some of them came out pretty well... I'm excited about being able to just step back and photograph the event, I had a great time with Magin, and look forward to meeting up and doing more shoots soon. :) 10 hours of photographing, plus the hectic-ness of people trying to get down to the cherry blossoms on top of keeping everyone straight, began to be a bit crazy. Lucky for us, there's only about 10 hours of photographing time in one day... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment